Follow my blog with bloglovin´

bloglovin

About Me

My photo
Sydney, Australia. Email: thesunsetpalette@live.com.au

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

this obsession with blazers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic [Numero Japan]

So since Uni commenced on Monday, I've been horrified at the state of my wardrobe. Blatantly speaking, not very 'uni-esque'.

I've been wearing bandage singlet dresses in grey and black with black tights and black ballet flats. Toting around a black, flat tote and additional cream, long scarves to polish the look. I haven't been too fussed (not that I'm ever fussed with uni attire, I'm just thankful when my hair is clean) especially with the unpredictable yo-yo weather headed daily, it's been a day of singlets and denim cutoffs and a day of black blazers, tights, minis and plain tees.

Monday lectures are the hardest, 9am... I always sleep in. It's been hell trying to head back to the morning start cycle. With abundant V bottles and my love for mochas and iced coffee keeps me pumped to get through the day.

Yesterday I went on a Mag spree, bought 5 mags to keep me pre-occupied and today I bought all the textbooks I needed for my courses this semester. I'm looking forward to the Zimmermann sale tomorrow. I'm dragging the boy with me since the location is unheard of. Oh Zimmermann, I cannot wait.

Much love,
Xx

23 comments:

Rebeca Muinelo said...

blazers for everything!

electric feel said...

beautiful!

gave you an award darlin!!

Stephanie said...

Great post! I wear blazers 24.7! They're my go-to piece: they pull anything perfectly together and I love how un-polished they can look at once. Your college look these days sounds perfect!

xx

Cindy said...

i'm trying to find one that is cut away in the front with a cute lining. finding the perfect blazer is not an easy task but so worth it in the end. good luck with uni. i recently went by my old one and they have a starbucks now. to think i could have been staying awake with half sweet mochas and non fat capps, instead or tim's double doubles (it's a canadian thing).

Annabel Wendt (LoveMore) said...

oh 5 mags! don't you hate how that racks up to be like $60? it kills me..but we are addicted right? rehab needed i think!

thanks for your comment, and BLAH to uni,..i deferred, !

xxx love LM

ps - blazers, i DEF need to go to rehab for. yikes.

Billie Jean said...

Hi,
We nominated you for an award, because your blog is fantastic!
Feel free to continue it :).

xxx
Nikéh and Maxime

brittany said...

i LOOOVE that photo of lily!

and i'm feeling the same way.. my wardrobe is definitely lackingggg some nice blazers

maria memi said...

dear thank you very much. i really love the blog of yours, Im gonna link you now!

xx
maria

Styleseeking Zurich said...

It's my first visit to your blog and I have to say: I absolutely love it! Definitely checking this out daily! From how you described your style I get the feeling that it's something I'd want to wear every day. Unfortunately it started to snow here again, ugh... :(

<3

Nesli

italian fashion holiday. said...

blazers are timeless! love the look of the girl on the left.

Theresa said...

amazing! i think an oversize blazer is absolutely a must-have!!

Mimi said...

Hope you get amazing goodies! I adore that pic of Lily

xo

the desert foxx said...

Oh but blazers are divine!
hha, good luck with waking up tomorrow, i'm dreading it already.

i like your blog btw.

Unknown said...

LOVE blazers and japanese magazines!!!

Susana Rodrigues said...

I adore blazer! They go well with lots of outfits!
xoxo
Su

Anonymous said...

haha...i love blazers! i wear them all the time. even though i have so many, i need a lot more!
xoxo,
Micaela

the healthy ghost said...

Me too¡I love the blazer and hot pants
xx

Anonymous said...

does she have her blazer tucked into her belt? cute. i wish i could wear blazers daily but it's too hot in texas! they are the perfect addition to any outfit!

Madeline said...

i love blazers. i got mine in the boys section of a thrift store. its the best.

agnes said...

oh yes! more Blazer please!

Vintage Lollipops said...

There are times when I think I could live in blazers and never get tired of it. lol-xx

This is incredibly inspirational!

millmill said...

i am definalty going out to find some perfect blazers. i adore them and don't even own one! grr

lauren. said...

adore blazers and denim cutoffs. it says im classy but im still here to party.


BLOG AWARD

BLOG AWARD
Thanks to LeFlassh.

BLOG AWARD

BLOG AWARD
Thanks to Erikas

Thank you for visting x

Thank you for visting x